The Department for Child Protection and Family Support has a Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in Care.

For support for children and young people in care, contact:

Carers rights

The Foster Care Association of WA Inc offers an advisory/advocacy service for carers.

Parents rights

The Family Inclusion Network of Western Australia Inc advises biological parents:

You have the right to contest the Department's Court action and to appeal against decisions it, subsequently, makes. However, all the authorities involved must place the welfare of your child/ren first.

You also have the right to be informed of all decisions that significantly affect your child.

Grandcarers rights

Grandparents who are raising their grandchildren fulltime can seek support and assistance from Grandcare or download the Department for Communities resource guide.